Sustainability and Circular Economy are not about going Left or Right but about going forward.
- Campaign: Netherlands Circular Hotspot
- National Energy Agreement (Nationaal Energie Akkoord)
- ‘Planet First’ manifest for National Postcode Lottery
- Chairman of the Board ‘Questionmark
- Board of Advisory ‘De Groene Zaak’
- Advisory Board ‘The Ex’tax Project’
- Board member ‘MVO Nederland’
- Director COMPAZZ Foundation
In 1994, after working for the European Commission in the Cabinet of Commissioner Andriessen, Prince Carlos graduated from Wesleyan University with a BA in Social Sciences (Honours), and with a masters degree from Cambridge University. After finishing his education he worked for ABN AMRO Bank in Hong Kong and Amsterdam. In 1999 he moved to Brussels were he worked for the European Public Policy Advisors group (EPPA), were he was responsible for the transport and energy dossiers.
Through his work in Brussels he joined an incubator for start-up companies with ecological and sustainable products. These included; bio-diesel, green electricity generation, CO2 compensation schemes, energy saving devices, recycling, and logistical systems.
Since 2008 he devotes his professional network and skills to promote, improve and upscale sustainable initiatives and projects for and with NGOs, governments and companies
Prince Carlos is a renowned keynote speaker on the subjects of sustainability, circular economy and corporate social responsibility. He challenges his audiences and prefers to interact with them to stimulate dialogue on these subjects.